Do my WiFi devices need to be reconfigured after installing SimpliNET?
The default WiFi network name for SimpliNET Mesh WiFi system is “SimpliNET”. Your WiFi devices can certainly be re-configured to connect to the “SimpliNET” WiFi network. However, if you choose not to do that there is another option as described below and in the illustration that follows:
- Your WiFi devices would have been configured to connect to your existing WiFi network, e.g. one provided by your existing modem or integrated modem/router.
- Once SimpliNET is setup, you can disable that WiFi network, the
- Change the WiFi network name of SimpliNET to the name to your old WiFi network.
- Change the WiFi password of SimpliNET to the password of your old WiFi network.
- Your WiFi devices will then seamlessly connect to the SimpliNET system using the old WiFi network name and no-configuration changes are necessary on each individual Wi-Fi device.